Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Why Simplion is spam

I recently received an email from a recruiter for Simplion, a company headquartered in Milpitas.

I am based in San Francisco, and I'm looking only in the SF Bay Area, so I'm not that enthused with an email with the title:

 "Full Stack Developer @ Richfield, MN  -- Need only Local candidate for F2F Interview - F2F is must".

Now, nothing about the actual technical requirements was exactly wrong, but it was broadly generic, with no name for the company given. Clearly the company is looking far and wide, and I wish them luck, but obviously the company is searching posted resumes for key words and just spamming people. The fact that I can't look up the company suggests that the recruiter wanted to keep it a secret, which is, needless to say, annoying.

Of course given that they quoted the customer requirements, a simple search with the requirements quoted and with the location gave me the company, which I'm going to be contacting, just to tell them that their recruiter is painfully bad.

As well, the email's grammar was bad, and it's language, other then the customer requirements, are stilted.  Given that it had all the hallmarks of an autogenerated email where I was profoundly the wrong person, and had an opt out link for future emails, I clicked it.

When I clicked the link, it failed to load, telling me the site can't be reached.

An email I can't opt out of means future emails are unsolicited, and thus spam.   Nobody wants a recruiter to spam them.
If you are planning on using Simplion, you should definitely reconsider.

And if you are looking for a back end focused developer with experience on a variety of stacks to work in the SF Bay Area, email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment